5 Simple Steps to Change Your Tire in Leesburg, VA
Every active driver must know how to instantly change their flat tire in Leesburg, VA in the rare case of a possible emergency. Although several local car dealerships in Ashburn, Sterling, and Chantilly offer roadside maintenance; it is always more comforting to accurately know the basics of promptly changing a tire by yourself.
You will require a few specific items to get started. You will most likely have received an owner’s manual along with the car. Remember keeping this necessary document in a secure location is important. The below prime essentials are usually available in the car tool kit.
- Full inflated spare tire
- Tire jack
- Lug wrench.
Besides these, you also must stock up on a torchlight, a decent pair of gloves, a block of wood to properly secure the jack, as well as wheel wedges. Also, remember making a note of your spare tire’s air pressure regularly.
5 Simple Steps to Change Your Tire:
- Park your motorized vehicle on a level road, away from local traffic and turn on the hazard lights to properly indicate to other active drivers that you have stopped due to a possible emergency.
- Carefully apply your parking brakes and additional wheel wedges under your forward and rear tires to prevent the car from rolling over.
- If your car has hubcaps covering the lug nuts, use the flat end on your lug wrench to carefully remove them. Slowly turn the lug nuts counterclockwise until they are gently loosened and not completely removed.
- The official manual will describe where exactly the jack needs to be carefully placed. Slip a wooden block under the jack and gently lift the car six inches off the ground.
- Completely remove the lug nuts and the flat tire. Put in your spare tire into the lug bolts until you can see through the rim. Slightly lower your vehicle and carefully replace the lug nuts and tighten them partially. Now, fully lower the vehicle and tighten the lug nuts fully, and promptly replace the hub caps if necessary.
Contact Our Team of Experts Today at Jerry's Ford - Leesburg in VA!
This will assist you to drive for a few more miles until you arrive at Jerry's Ford - Leesburg's Service Department in Leesburg, VA. We highly recommend getting your tire checked by one of our professionals at Jerry's Ford - Leesburg. If you seek professional advice or would like to schedule an appointment, call us at (703) 777-0000 or schedule your appointment online! Jerry's Ford - Leesburg's technicians define Service Excellence.